Sunday, December 9, 2012

"Maybe Christmas, the Grinch thought, doesn't come from a store."- Grinch

I'm in the Christmas spirit today. After the first Christmas series at church and baking cookies with Grace while listening to holiday music today, how can I not be!?!?



I have read a million blogs and seen pictures in envy of how these people decorate their homes for Christmas. They are beautiful! Literally, they look like they are out of a Pottery Barn catalog! And then I look at our decorated house. You know, the house that looks like Santa threw up all over it because there is so much red! I was jealous of the blogs I read until I really sat down a looked at ours.

This year I have truly fallen in love with the way our home is decorated for Christmas. We mostly decorate with Christmas art projects Grace made in daycare/preschool and things we have inherited from my mom. Our decorating is absolutely family oriented.


One Christmas decoration I adore is our manger. Every year I wish I had the Willow Tree manger set, but then I see this... and the little manger we inherited from mom just makes me smile and I'm so glad we have it.


But my absolute favorite decoration is a gift from my grandmother, who is deceased. One year she seemed so happy to give me Christmas....RABBITS!!! I remember thinking, "What in the world do these have to do with Christmas?!" At the time I thought they were the worst gift ever, but now, I adore them. They make me smile.



Do you have any weird Christmas decorations like that? Comment about them and show us some pics!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment