Sunday, December 2, 2012

“I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food.” - W.C. Fields

I am so excited to share about my first monthly dinner club! As most of you know, I've never been a cook. However, in the last 2 years, some kind of domestic virus has been attacking my mind and body so I have been experimenting with food! My poor kid! She's had to try so many new things.

Any who... what better time to start a Dinner Club! Now I'll get a whole new set of recipes to torture my child with! :)

The theme for our first Dinner Club was "Favorite Dish". Apparently, this caused a little bit of stress for some of the club members who couldn't decide what to make. Everyone got fancy with their dishes. Well not me of course, however, my dishes were much fancier than my true favorite dish...a bowl of cereal! :)

Below were the delightful dishes of the evening! The smells and the scene were so exciting I couldn't wait to eat!! (I'd like to apologize for the lack of pics of the actual evening. I could only think about eating, not blogging!)



As you can imagine, the tastes were savory!!! I asked club members to taste all the dishes and then vote on their favorite, anonymously of course!! The prize would be a fantastic blog written by MUAH about their dish and recipe! (I know, not much of a prize!)

All votes were casted and the results were......


 

 
IT WAS A TIE!!!!
 
 

Chicken Cashew Stir Fry and Panko & Parmesan Tilapia!! They were both to die for! I'm scared to death to try to make them on my own because I know they won't even touch the taste of these ladies' skills!!! But I will try because Grace loved the left over reheated tilapia! And she NEVER eats fish!

The night was a success! And even though it was "dinner" themed, it was truly about spending time with good friends, good wine, and fantastic food! We had so much fun and laughed the night away!

I can't tell you how happy I am that I started the club, just for that fact! It also helped that there were a few "write in" votes that warmed my heart! Cnn't wait for December's Dinner Club night!

 
(Sorry for the sideways pic! I can't figure out how to rotate it! I'm still working on this blogging thing!)

No comments:

Post a Comment