Sunday, October 21, 2012

“True love stories never have endings” - Richard Bach

It's been a crazy two weeks. I had a health scare and I've been distracted with life around me. So I'm trying to refocus.

I started this blog because I am a single mom and just looking to connect with others who may feel the same way about life, or experiencing something similar. I wanted those people to know, they aren't alone. I know how lonely life can be sometimes.

So tonight, I wanted to start what will hopefully become my weekly Sunday night single parent topic.  Which reminds me....I need a catchy title. Please feel free to suggest! If I choose your title, I'll redo a piece of furniture for you as a prize!!! Ok, don't you all go typing at once! :)

Ok, back to the blog of the evening ... Some of the distracting things these last two weeks have been helping friends and loved ones through some tough times they are having. Whenever I do that, it reminds me of how lucky I am for my daughter.

I always tell her, and she loves to hear it, that she saved me. She saved me from myself, who was lost, lonely, and insecure. I've never felt love like I did when she was born.

This year while surfing through Pinterest, I found a pin that described a way to focus on the good in your life for the year. (You can see that site here) Any time Grace or I have a memory we want to remember, we write it down and put it in the jar. On New Year's Day we will read the great memories we have had during the year before. It helps me focus on the good things in my life. I can't wait to read them New Year's Day!





No comments:

Post a Comment