Monday, October 15, 2012

Tonight is a pity party night. Does any one HATE them as much as I do?!?! I feel like yelling at myself, "Get over it!!! You chose this life! Look at all that is good!!" But there is that pity party planner in my head saying, "Yeah, I know, but I don't care. I'm sad, I'm lonely, I don't know how I got here! Plus, I already made the party plans of eating chips and watching Lifetime Movies!"

It's funny, beause I started this blog to help oither single parents know they aren't alone. If you know me, you know I'm not one to share my feelings. So letting people know I'm having a pity party right now, is not like me. My friends know I'm a control feak, and blogging about this makes me feel vunerable. But I want to be able to connect with others. Maybe another single parent out there is feeling the way I do.

So tonight I'll have my party. (Sorry you're all not invited.) And tomorrow when I wake up, I'll be back to my normal mom/teacherness. It's just tonight....that's normal, right?

2 comments:

  1. Ummm yes totally normal and you are doing an awesome job. Keep telling yourself that. I have to do it every now and then as well. It is so lonely being a single mom and we often appear like we have everything together when in fact we would love to just sit on the couch and eat terrible food and watch those Lifetime movies. I too have my occasional pity parties as you can tell. You are not alone. Hang in there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen D sent me over here, I'm a pity party for one on my own personal Blog Island as well ;)

    ReplyDelete