Wednesday, January 2, 2013

"It’s so beautifully arranged on the plate – you know someone’s fingers have been all over it."- Julia Child

It's official! The first crock pot meal experiment of 2013 is complete!! And it was .....
 
SUCCESSFUL!!
 
One point for mom, zero for picky eating daughter!
 
What was on the menu you ask? Slow Cooker Bacon Ranch Chicken that I found on this great blog called MomsWhoThink.  I was reading a few recipes and this one looked so easy. As it so happened, I had every thing but the ranch dressing mix. Here's the recipe in case you can't open the link for some reason.
 
Slow Cooker Bacon Ranch Chicken
4 boneless chicken breasts
4 tablespoons of real bacon bits
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 package of ranch dressing mix
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
egg noodles

Directions:
  1.  Place chicken in greased 5-6 quart crock pot (for the record I have no idea how big my crock pot is! but it worked!)
  2. Combine ingredients #2 through 5 and mix well.
  3. Pour over chicken in crock pot. Cook on high for 3-4 hours
  4. Shred chicken using two forks
  5. Serve over cooked egg noodles


For the record, I have NO idea how big my crock pot is, but it worked. Also, I only had 3 chicken breasts AND I cooked it on low for 6-8 hours (because I was at work). When I got home from work I boiled some egg noodles....



Stirred the chicken mixture and scooped it on top so it look like this....



And it was a SUCCESS!! Picky Grace loved it so much there was NOTHING left on her plate (see below!!) and she can't wait to have left overs for lunch tomorrow! It's the little things that excite me! :)

 
 
What's your favorite easy slow cooker recipe? Share in the comments!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment