Thursday, January 10, 2013

"Always be nice to your children because they are the ones who will choose your rest home." - Phyllis Diller



My favorite time of day with Grace is bedtime. Mostly because I know she will FINALLY be quiet. Don't get me wrong, I love hearing her stories, but the fact that I listen to kids all day as a teacher, I just get excited for the silence.

Even though she's 9 years old going on 21 years old... She still likes getting a story read to her each night. We have moved on from picture books to chapter books, I read a page and she reads a page, but other then those MAJOR changes, it's still the same as it was when she was 3 years old. We snuggle, and talk about what we read afterwards. And then I tuck her in and stop at the door on the way out to say "I love you." in sign language, then goodnight. Seriously something I walk away rom EVERY night and thank God for.

What's your night time routine? Something special like mine? Leave your stories in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment