Sunday, September 30, 2012

“It's so beautifully arranged on the plate - you know someone's fingers have been all over it.” - Julia Child

OK, reading that quote made me a little sick to my stomach, but you have to admit, it's so true! Anyway, it's another good reason to stay home and cook things for your family!

I am not a cook. In fact, a friend of mine once gave me an Easy Bake Oven as a gift when I was in my 20s as a joke. But I've ventured into cooking over the last year. My poor daughter has been a victim of my Pinterest "Favorite Recipes" board lately. But I have discovered something. If you can read, you can cook!

So, I decided to search my pinterest board for something different to make. I thought I found the perfect recipe for my daughter that included her two favorite foods, tacos and pasta. I made TACO PASTA! It was so yummy!! It does have a little kick to it though. My daughter loved it at first, but could only eat about half of her meal because it just got too spicy for her. It's such a great quick and easy recipe. And it is a great warm meal for winter that will be here before we know it! I will make it again, but just not make it as spicy for my daughter.

When you make it, let me know what you think!


 
Taco Pasta
 
1 lb ground beef
8 oz. small dry pasta shapes
1 small onion
1 clove garlic, mined
1 cup salsa
1 packet taco seasoning
3 oz. cream cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
salt & pepper
shredded cheese for topping
 
 
Cook pasta and drain. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water. Set aside.
 
In a large skillet, cook beef and onion until no longer pink.
 
Drain excess fat and mix in garlic. Cook for about 30 seconds.
 
Mix in salsa & taco seasoning. Let simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes.
 
Stir in cooked pasta, cream cheese, sour cream, and pasta water. Stir until cream cheese is melted and sauce is well blended.
 
Season with salt & pepper to taste. Top with shredded cheese, more sour cream & salsa if desired. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment